The reason I like this piece is because a sports analysis piece is not something I usually do. I was experimenting here, and it seemed to go pretty well. My favorite part of this piece was my relation of this game to David and Goliath. The reality is that this game was very similar to that, and in my pregame analysis, I did a good job of showing that. The Patriots had every advantage imaginable going into the game, and I made sure to point that out to give the game a David Vs. Goliath aspect to it. The other thing I liked about this piece was the way I formatted it. I talked about each team separately, giving certain facts that related to this game, and then I pointed out certain areas that could be deciding factors in the game. The reason for this was so that this piece would sound similar to an article in a newspaper. Although I make the game sound like it could be very one-sided, I have to mention a few ways that the Giants could end up winning. When sports analysts write articles, they do so in hopes that people will read the articles and watch the games. If analysts said the games would be a blowout, then a lot less people would watch them.
The goal of making this piece look like an article out of a newspaper or magazine was accomplished. When looking at the writing itself though, there are areas that could have been improve. I think that I could have started off the piece stronger by relating the battle of David Vs. Goliath and the upcoming superbowl more. This would have been a place where I could have created strong imagery. I also wish that I had made the Patriots look like more of an enemy. Most people want the underdog to win, and I think I should have considered that.
This piece showed me that I could successfully change up my writing style. It wasn't my best piece from that year, but I thought it was pretty well written.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment