Sunday, January 3, 2010

Comments on Stories of a Writer

This piece best shows my progress as a writer. It's not my best piece, but it best shows my improvements on areas of my writing that were weak. I enjoyed writing it, because I could relate to the feeling of having writer's block so well. I liked the plot of the story, as well as the details of the epiphany the narrator comes to at the end. I originally didn't include that, but the piece was much improved after I did. This was one of the things I learned. I don't know why, but when reading my piece, I learned to realize when something was missing. I'm not sure how I could tell, but I would sometimes be left with that feeling that something more should be added. This probably happens with everything, but it was just something I got much better at as I continued to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment