In Sophomore year, I tried to change up my writing styles. Where Freshman year's portfolio consisted of three stories of similar format, Sophomore's had different types of pieces. I even included a poem. This changed opened me up to looking at different perspectives. For example, in one piece I wrote called "Rebel," I told about an experience of a young African from Sudan that was kidnapped by Rebels and was almost brainwashed by them into becoming a killing machine. I varied my styles of writing much more than I had the previous year, and it improved as well, judging by the fact that "Rebel" was much more captivating than "The Payback".
One type of writing that had always interested me was sports analysis. I thought I could be good at this because I felt that I watched sports and was a decent writer. So my Sophomore piece that I'm showing you is an attempt at sports writing, in journalistic fashion. My idea with this piece is that this would be similar to the kind of article you see in the sports section of a newspaper.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment