This was the first year I had Mrs. Topham. It probably was not even a month into the year when I realized that I would have to work harder in this class then I ever had before in an English class. There was lots of work, but at the same time, my writing improved as a result of that. I think my main focus in writing this year dealt with character development. In many of my pieces, a character would change in some significant way either from some external or internal force. Doing this caused me to learn a lot about creating a good character. There are many aspects that need to be thought about when creating a good character, and the tricky part is that every single action made by your character has to be justifiable. Everything he or she does has to agree with his or her character traits. That was what I struggled with; I think it's very tough to be that accurate.
In my Junior year, I wrote what could be my favorite piece. It was a poem about poetry, and I really like the imagery I create and the message of the poem.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment